The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras is conducting the (JAM Admissions 2024) Joint Admission Test for Masters (JAM) 2024 exam for admission to various postgraduate programs in science and engineering. The online application process for JAM Admission 2024 will start on September 5, 2023 and end on October 13, 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for JAM Admissions 2024
To be eligible for JAM Admissions 2024, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Chemistry (CY)
- Geology and Geophysics (GG)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Mathematical Statistics (MS)
- Physics (PH)
General, OBC, and EWS candidates must have a minimum of 55% marks in their bachelor’s degree, while SC, ST, and PH candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks.
How to Apply for JAM Admissions 2024
To apply for JAM Admissions 2024, candidates must visit the official website of the exam and register themselves. After registration, candidates will need to login to their account and fill up the online application form. The application form will require candidates to provide their personal details, educational qualifications, and other relevant information.
Candidates will also need to upload a scanned copy of their passport-size photograph and signature. Once the application form is complete, candidates will need to pay the application fee online. The application fee for JAM 2024 is as follows:
- Single paper:
- General/OBC/EWS: ₹1800
- SC/ST/PH/Female: ₹900
- Double paper:
- General/OBC/EWS: ₹2500
- SC/ST/PH/Female: ₹1250
Exam Pattern for JAM 2024
The JAM 2024 exam will be conducted in a single session on February 11, 2024. The exam will be a computer-based test (CBT) and will consist of 100 multiple-choice questions. Each question will carry 4 marks. The total duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
JAM Syllabus 2024
JAM Exam Syllabus 2024 is based on the undergraduate syllabus of the respective disciplines. Candidates can find the detailed
JAM syllabus for each discipline on the official website of the exam.
JAM 2024 Exam Preparation Tips
Here are some preparation tips for JAM 2024:
- Start your preparation early. The JAM syllabus is vast, so it is important to start preparing early so that you have enough time to cover all of the material.
- Create a study schedule and stick to it. This will help you stay on track and make sure that you are covering all of the material at a good pace.
- Use a variety of resources. There are many different resources available to help you prepare for the JAM exam, such as textbooks, online lectures, and practice tests. Use a variety of resources to find the ones that work best for you.
- Form a study group. Studying with other students can be a great way to stay motivated and learn from each other.
- Take practice tests. Taking practice tests is a great way to get used to the format of the exam and identify areas where you need to improve.