Hriday Full form is Heritage City Development & Augmentation Yojana. The Yojana was Launched on January 21, 2015. The reason for the scheme is to protect the heritage and Monuments in India. Motive to launch the scheme is to preserve and revitalise soul of the heritage of different cities of India.
Objectives of Hriday Yojana
As per the Project HRIDAY. It will focus for the development of the Heritage. Along the Scheme the conservation of the Heritages will also be ensured. The project development will include the rehabilitation of the monuments, ghats, temples etc. Urban Structure of the Heritage will also be under the scheme. Cleaning of the Monuments, public transport facilities and the projects for the development of the roads. The Project will revive the intangible assets.
Cities Covered Under HRIDAY
As under the HRIDAY Project , it will focus for the development of the cities. The time duration set for the completion of the Project is 4 Years. Budget of Rs.500 Crore is announced by the central government for the yojana.
The scheme will include the 12 cities for the development under the scheme
- Varanasi – Uttar Pradesh
- Dwarka – Gujarat
- Ajmer – Rajasthan
- Amritsar – Punjab
- Amravati-Andhra Pradesh
- Warangal – Telangana
- Puri – Orissa
- Vellankani – Tamilnadu
- Mathura – Uttar Pradesh
- Kanchipuri – Tamilnadu
- Badami – Karnataka
- Gaya – Bihar
Hriday Yojana Purpose
Purpose of the HRIDAY is as follows. It is for the Planing, Implementation and the development of the ghat and monuments of the heritage sites.
- Development of the service and the basic service arrangement will be made under the scheme.
- Places of Heritage can be added to the Project.
- Under the Scheme HRIDAY development of the cultural and the Heritage building.
- Use of the New technology to arrange the public Facilities such as toilets, water faucets, street lights, for tourism facilities.
- The investment of 500 crore will be made under the Project of development of the Infrastructure.
Benefits of HRIDAY
The benefit of the HRIDAY Project is as follows:
- As with the development of HRIDAY Project, it will increase the Tourism in the country.
- The income will also be increased with the Tourism.
- Infrastructure will also be improved with the implementation of the Project.
- Development of the water supply, sanitation, drainage, waste management, approach roads, footpaths, street lights, tourist conveniences, electricity wiring, landscaping.
Official site www.hridayindia.in