Gramin Bhandaran Yojana
For the renovation and the construction of the Godowns in the rural areas. The government have started the capital investment scheme. It will help the farmer to get the good prices of the crops. As they can visit the nearby nearby Godowns to sell their productive. It will lead to strength the economic strength to retain the favorable remunerative prices and avoid distress sales.
Objective Gramin Bhandaran Yojana
The Gramin Bhandaran Yojana is a central government funded scheme for the welfare of the farmer of the country. The scheme is sub-scheme “Agricultural Marketing Infrastructure (AMI)”. The godowns are to be set up under this scheme in the rural areas for increasing the goods storage capacity. The immediate sale of the produce after the harvest would be avoided.
Gramin Bhandaran Yojana Eligibility
As the eligibility for the Gramin Bhandaran Yojana is as follows. The certain people or institution can get benefit under the scheme to set up the godowns. Check the eligible candidate as follows:
- Marketing boards
- Agro-processing co-operative societies and Cooperations
- Quality testing laboratories
- Partnership firms
- Agro-industrial corporations and Marketing Committees
- Companies and Proprietary firms
- Non Governmental Organisations
- Various Corporations and Co-operatives
- Farmers’ groups or Self-help groups
Feature of the Scheme
The following are the features of the scheme. Reading the feature you would come to know about the location, size and subsidy available.
- Entrepreneur is free to construct the godowns according to his choice of location.
- Godowns constructed beyond the Municipal corporation Limit.
- The godowns which are constructed as in food park are covered under the Gramin Bhandaran Yojana.
- Goods Subsidy for minimum potential 100 tonnes and maximum capacity of 30,000 tonnes will be given by the government under the scheme.
- Entrepreneurs to get the Licence by the State Warehousing Act.
- Godowns which have the capacity more than 1,000 tonnes should be accredited by the Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC).
- Pledge loan facility for the farmers.
- RBI/NABARD will set up the guidelines for the interest rates, loan amount and pledge period.
The subsidy rate provided under the scheme is as follows:
- Farmers and cooperatives will get the subsidy of 25% of a project’s cost for the subject ceiling on Rs.2.25 crores.
- SC/ST entrepreneurs and the project based in the hilly areas will get the subsidy of 33.33% of a project’s cost for the subject to ceiling on Rs.3 crores.
- For individuals, corporations 15% of a project’s capital cost subsidy for the subject ceiling of Rs.1.35 crores
- Godowns’ renovation as per the NCDC set up will get the 25% of a project’s cost.
Note- Security condition for the Gramin Bhandaran Yojana – Mortgage of land and godown
Credit cost can be extended under the scheme for the facilities or construction such as grading, platform, packaging, internal road, boundary wall, grading, platform, system in addition to quality certification and warehousing facilities. The project is financed by the following:
- Regional rural banks
- Commercial banks
- Urban Cooperative Banks
- State cooperative banks
- State Co-operative Agricultural and Rural Development Bank
- North Eastern Development Finance Corporation (NEDFI)
- Agricultural Development Finance Companies